The Frostbite award scheme is run during the outdoor winter season, typically October to March, and applies to all archers irrespective of age, ability or bow type.
The scheme is designed to help you practice during the winter by shooting a short round of 3 dozen arrows at a short distance of 30m and have your achievements recognised at each level of success.
After 6 sighters (practice arrows), you shoot a 3 dozen arrows at an 80cm face at 30 metres, 10 zone scoring with a maximum score of 360. Badges can be earned for 200, 225, 250, 275, 300, 315, 330, 340, 350 and 355. If you achieve the score twice you can claim a badge.
The scoresheet must be submitted to the records officer and should be witnessed by another archer.
- Metric, ten-zone scoring (10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) on an 80cm target face
- Another archer should witness the final score
- Each score must be achieved twice to be awarded the badge
- Your name, bow type, scoresheet, distance shot and date of achievement should be emailed to the records officer
- The scores for the rounds shot must be submitted online at archery-records.net.
Contact the records officer if you do not have the required login details.