The Portsmouth award scheme is run during the indoor season, typically October to March, and applies to all archers irrespective of age, ability or bow type.
The scheme is designed to help you practice your indoor shooting and have your achievements recognised at each level of success.
After 6 sighters (practice arrows), you shoot a Portsmouth round (5 dozen arrows at a 60cm face at 20 yards, 10 zone scoring) with a maximum score of 600. Badges can be earned for 300, 325, 350, 375, 400, 425, 450, 475, 500, 525, 550, 575, 580, 585, 590, 595 and 600. If you achieve the score twice you can claim a badge.
The scoresheet must be submitted to the records officer and should be witnessed by another archer.
- Metric, ten-zone scoring (10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) on a 60cm target face
- Another archer should witness the final score
- Each score must be achieved twice to be awarded the badge
- Your name, bow type, scoresheet, distance shot and date of achievement should be emailed to the records officer
- The scores for the rounds shot must be submitted online at archery-records.net.
Contact the records officer if you do not have the required login details.