If you have decided that archery is the sport for you, Archery GB requires you to complete a formal beginners course.
We are currently taking names to add to our waiting list for beginners sessions. Course dates will be arranged according to demand and spaces will be offered on a first come first served basis.
We are in the early stages of planning the next two courses. Our courses take place over 6 consecutive weeks and cost £60 per person.
They will take place indoor at The Park Centre, Knowle and the sessions will be 7-9pm Friday or 9-11am Saturday
Payment is required in advance of the course start date and will secure your place. Payment can be by cash, cheque or bank transfer, details of which are available on request.
In the event that we need to cancel a lesson, an alternative session will be added to the end of the scheduled dates. Course fees are non refundable.
All equipment is provided.
Juniors from approximately 8 years of age are welcome on the course. For juniors, a parent/carer must be present for the duration of each lesson.
For further information, to register an interest or to check availability, please email our course administrator
The course consists of 6 lessons of approx. 1.5 hours duration and all equipment will be provided free of additional charge for the duration of the course.
The aim of the course is to teach you the basics of archery so that that you become competent enough to shoot safely at a club without direct supervision.
Everyone has different abilities and learns at a different pace so our course programme can be adjusted to suit your needs, however our aim is that at the end of the course you will;
- Know and understand the Safety rules and Etiquette of the sport.
- Be familiar with the basic equipment used in Target Archery.
- Be able to consistently hit a 60cm Target at a distance of 20 yards.
- Know and understand the basic shooting rules of Target Archery.
- Know and understand the basic scoring systems used in Target Archery.
- Have received information on other forms of Archery.
- Have received information on different types of Bows used in Target Archery.
- Understand the Organisation of Archery within the United Kingdom and the World.
- Have knowledge of, and have received advice on the selection of your personal equipment.
- Be able to conduct some simple maintenance of your archery equipment.
Note: Should you wish to purchase your own equipment, you are advised not to do so until the end of the course. During the course your coach will be able to assess your individual needs and be able to advise you of what would suit you best.